Helmets Off To Vettel
After a stunning drive in the 2013 Belgian Grand Prix, Rishi and I agreed (for a change), that just ‘hats off’ to Sebastian Vettel wouldn’t be enough! Just whatta a superb drive! In control. Absolute dominance.
In the pre-Spa episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast ‘Time To Hit The Spa‘, we had predicted a Red Bull Racing vs. Mercedes fight. And of course it was heartening to see Fernando Alonso in the mix as well. Raikkonen’s DNF (Did Not Finish) would dent his championship chances and his record run in the book of statistics as well!
The previous episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast ‘Let Us Save Formula1‘, we expressed our concerns on the simulated sounds of the new 1.6L V6 turbo engines that will be used next year. Also, there has been tremendous support for the Indian Grand Prix and here’s why I believe that the 2013 Indian Grand Prix could well be the last one for a few years to come: Ecclestone Checkmates The Indian Grand Prix.
And here’s what’s in store for our listeners this week: (YouTube: http://youtu.be/Hj5a4WJSS3M)
- Did you find the 2013 Belgian GP boring? We reveal a slight goof up from Bernie!
- However, we had the original crash kids offer us some action…
- In all this, Sebastian Vettel did what he does best. Race to win. And this time, he impressed too!
- Webber’s start issue, is it more driver than car? And did he actually let the ‘cat out of the bag’ in Spa?
- Paul Di Resta ‘maldonated’ his VJM06; Button propelled Mclaren to 5th in the Constructors’ Championship
- And our listener Binoy Parikh helps add to Formula1‘s humour. We read a very interesting tweet.
- 3 things Raikkonen needs from his team and it isn’t ‘Roti, Kapda aur Makaan’ (Food, Clothes and Shelter)
- Rumour: Felipe Massa may retain his Ferrari seat for the 2014 Formula1 Season
- And no contract yet for Jenson Button too. Will he be moving?
- Is our current World Champion being disrespected by fans?
Two weeks till yet another epic racing venue hosts the circus. And as always, we will bring to you the latest and most recent Formula1 updates in our wittiest ways. Keep listening, keep racing!
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is now available on various platforms and I would urge you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1.