49: 8 Drivers Who Wouldn't Be Champ Even With Mercedes

49: 8 Drivers Who Wouldn't Be Champ Even With Mercedes


Max Verstappen has made a fresh claim on how easy it would be to become a World Champion with Mercedes. 60% of the current grid could win the title if they raced Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes, claimed Verstappen. In this week’s episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast (http://bit.ly/ilf1ponkf1b) , we discuss the other 40%! Basically, we guess the list of ‘Drivers Who Wouldn’t Be World Champion Even In A Mercedes’. Is your favourite driver on the list? 
Also in this episode, Liberty Media are finally following Bernie Ecclestone’s talent policy. They’re busy scouting a seat for Fernando Alonso. Ferrari are already making noise about their 2020 Formula 1 season while Red Bull Racing are 14 days ahead of schedule. Helmut Marko has targeted 5 wins in 2020 too. But this time he’s also added a World Championship to the team’s target. When last did a driver be crowned a World Champion after winning only 5 races in the season? Tune in! 
(Season 2019, Episode 49)
Here’s what’s in store for you in this episode:
0:00-3:00: You can actually celebrate a Formula 1-themed Valentine’s Day in 2020
3:00-6:00: Ferrari’s 2020 car to have more drag, more downforce, more top-speed and hence, attract more controversies too? Did Sebastian Vettel get influenced by the vegan documentary (The Game Changers) on Netflix?
6:00-9:00: Liberty Media finally following Bernie Ecclestone’s footsteps to have the best talent racing in Formula 1. They’re scouting for a seat for Fernando Alonso
9:00-12:00: Will Red Bull Racing bring their Bahrain-spec car to the 2020 Australian Grand Prix? Helmut Marko’s targets for Red Bull Racing in 2020 – 5 wins & a World Championship! When last did a driver win 5 races and go on to win the World Championship? Any guesses?
12:00-15:00: Max Verstappen’s claim – 60% of the grid can be World Champion in Mercedes. We name 8 drivers (the balance 40%) who would be on the ‘Drivers Who Couldn’t Be World Champion In Mercedes’
15:00-18:00: We reveal Formula 1’s plans to keep us engaged and hooked onto the sport till the start of the 2020 Formula 1 season.
18:00-end: What Chase Carey Said This Week – it was mostly about Formula E being a street party and not a threat to Formula 1. You think so, too?
Subscribe: iTunes (http://bit.ly/insidelinef1podcast) , audioBoom (http://bit.ly/insidelineviarss) (RSS feed for all devices), Spotify (http://bit.ly/insidelineonspotify) and Google Podcasts (http://bit.ly/ilf1pgooglepodcasts)
Official Page: Facebook (http://bit.ly/insidelineonfacebook)
Follow our hosts on Twitter: Mithila Mehta (http://www.twitter.com/mith_m) and Kunal Shah (http://www.twitter.com/kunalashah)
Image courtesy: Formula 1


Kunal Shah is an FIA-accredited Formula 1 journalist who has been reporting on Formula 1 for nearly two decades. He worked with the Force India Formula 1 Team for 6 seasons in Marketing, Sponsorship and Commercial roles. As a former single-seater racer, he was responsible for Force India's grassroots talent program, One from a Billion Hunt. Presently, he co-writes a regular Formula 1 column for Firstpost, speaks on Inside Line F1 Podcast & Pits to Podium and produces broadcast/OTT content for NENT Group (Viasport & Viaplay).

Leave a reply:

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar

Open chat
Let's Talk Formula 1
Happy to share my passion for Formula 1 with you. If you have specific queries about the sport, feel free to ping me.

In the meanwhile, I welcome you to subscribe to the Inside Line F1 Podcast for insightful conversations around Formula 1. We release an episode every week.