The repeat mismanagement of the qualifying fiasco has brought Formula 1’s power struggles to the fore, say Mithila and Kunal in this week’s episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast. While the FIA & FOM seem to have ganged up against the teams, the fans have been neglected yet again. And for a change, the drivers too.
Given that the ‘three tyre compound’ rule seems to be working wonders for the sport, the duo wonder if this was a fluke decision after all. Also, does it make the sport a tad too confusing at times? We tell you why we prefer tyre strategy over fuel strategy.
Nico Rosberg’s victory in Bahrain was long overdue, but the same can be said about his career as well. Whether the ‘five consecutive wins’ statistic works for him or not, Rosberg is a true champion and we tell you why.
As for Lewis Hamilton, he seems better in finishing races than starting them; will this prompt a rule change by the FIA-FOM to help him back to his winning ways? We discussed the Hamilton-Bottas incident and wonder if the FIA Stewards are missing Pastor Maldonado this season.
Fernando Alonso might have missed performing on track in Bahrain, but he did make up for it via a stellar performance on LIVE TV with Johnny Herbert. Clap! Clap! And we wouldn’t be surprised if Stoffel Vandoorne reluctantly returned the keys of the Mclaren-Honda back to Alonso for China.
Lastly, are Ferrari pushing their development agenda at the cost of reliability? And did you know that three out of Kimi Raikkonen’s last four podium finishes came at circuits where there was no alcohol served (on the podium).
(Season 2016, Episode 10)
#F1 #FormulaOne #Formula1 #Ferrari #Mercedes #Mclaren #RedBull #CarRacing #AutoRacing #InsideLineF1Podcast
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is hosted by Mithila Mehta and Kunal Shah. This Formula One podcast offers a unique humourous view on the sport. Follow us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/insidelineonfacebook and on Google+: http://bit.ly/insidelineongoogleplus
Follow on Twitter: Mithila Mehta (http://www.twitter.com/mith_m) and Kunal Shah (http://twitter.com/kunalashah)
iTunes Store: http://bit.ly/insidelinef1podcast
RSS for Google, Android, Blackberry or Windows phones: http://bit.ly/insideline (You will need a Podcast player!)
TuneIn Radio: http://bit.ly/insidelinef1podcast-tuneinradio
And hear our ever popular episodes from the previous weeks:
1. Ferrari Should Sign Max Verstappen (http://bit.ly/1UHcCdO)
2. Verstappen’s Typical Teenager Tantrums (http://bit.ly/1Pr9BG5)
3. 10 Awesome Reasons To Follow F1 In 2016 (http://bit.ly/1ZnBeao)
4. New F1 Season, Old F1 Problems (http://bit.ly/1UVrh3E)
5. Saturday F1 Tickets To Be Sold At A Premium (http://bit.ly/1WJ4lmy)
6. DRS Has Ruined Formula One (http://bit.ly/1ougYaM)
7. Match Fixing And Formula One (http://bit.ly/1QPSOjM)
8. F1 Will Miss The Legend Of Pastor Maldonado (http://bit.ly/1QHUCv9)
9. F1 Is Asocial (http://bit.ly/1Ut666J)
10. What IF Hamilton Had Raced For Red Bull Racing? (http://bit.ly/1OwHrMQ)
11. Vodka Shots On The F1 Podium? (http://bit.ly/1SxbxUc)
12. Hamilton To Blame For Mumm’s Exit From F1? (http://bit.ly/1Skv1ve)
13. 2016: Year Of The Underdog (http://bit.ly/1Rk2INb)
14. May The Force Be With You, Force India (http://bit.ly/1PobhR7)
15. Ecclestone Steps Down (http://bit.ly/1Sl17Gi)
16. Time For A Prost-Pastor Bromance? (http://bit.ly/1Mw03bb)
17. Motor-mouth Hamilton (http://bit.ly/1P5gSAc)
18. Party’s Over Lewis (http://bit.ly/1Mie9QX)
19. Thank God for Max Verstappen (http://bit.ly/1RNiNYN)
20. Aston Martini Racing, Err! (http://bit.ly/1NwHF7M)
21. A Russian F1 Team In The Offing? (http://bit.ly/1NG6KOt)
22. Russia vs. USA In F1 Too? (http://bit.ly/1Qj743q)