RJ Rishi Kapoor was upto antics yet again while recording our latest Formula1 podcast. This time he had me participate in them too (of course!)! And also, our man was off to Sri Lanka to catch a certain cricket match. I bet he’d now do anything to get tickets to the 2012 Indian Grand Prix. Which reminds me – have you bought your tickets? Do read ‘Indian Grand Prix – Which Stand Is The Best? ‘.
And back to our pre-Japanese GP podcast, here’s what we went talking:
- Hamilton to Mercedes, Schumacher to retire? Did we get our predictions right?
- Schumacher to Sauber – can life complete a full circle? Hear me say why it could!
- Has Hamilton made the right decision? We split our answers into commercial and sporting reasons (Read more: Hamilton to replace Schumacher in Mercedes)
- And Rishi does a role play yet again – he tells what he would do if he was Peter Sauber!
- A ‘Thank You’ drive for Massa next year? We name drivers who could replace him! Hear a few surprises here!
- Back to Back Grand Prixs – can life get better for a Formula1 fan? (Read: Why Back To Back GPs Are Fun!)
- And importantly, can Perez fill up Hamilton’s boots in Mclaren?
- Also, Raikkonen’s still figuring what to do for the 2013 Formula1 Season. Where should he be?
- The 2012 Japanese Grand Prix – we re-live some of our favourite movements from the past. Have any you’d like to share? Use the comments section below!
- 130R, Spoon Curve, Esses, Casio Triangle – and the typical Rishi remembers the ‘Giant Wheel’!
- Button’s gearbox penalty – can we please change the regulations here? I have a dirty feeling it could possibly decide this year’s Drivers’ Championship!
- And good news, the stepped noses to go away next year! Really? We almost got used to how the cars look!
Suzuka has witnessed many an epic Formula1 battles. This week we anticipate a Red Bull vs Mclaren fight yet again and as Rishi put it, Alonso’s cemented 3rd place in the podium. But I feel that he will need much more than that if he wishes to keep his advantage in the title fight.
As for the mid-field teams, Sauber are facing a tough challenge from Sahara Force India and will Williams’ ‘Crash’analdo crash this race too? Help me pick a corner where you most likely think he will!