Inside Line F1 Podcast: Red Bull Needs Wings
The start to the 2014 Formula1 Season for Formula1 hasn’t been the best. First we had F1 cars lapping at GP2 speeds, followed by Bernie Ecclestone’s trial in the bribery scandal and then the not so successful pre-season tests for our defending champions Red Bull Racing. (Read: Can Formula1 Survive Without Bernie?)
Given their performances in Jerez and Bahrain, it seems more like Red Bull Racing need a new engine (probably a Mercedes one!) over wings before they get to Melbourne for the 2014 Australian Grand Prix. So in this week’s episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast, we talk about the importance for Red Bull Racing to be competitive, pick our favourites and second favourite before we move our focus towards Pirelli, who wouldn’t be complaining about missing the F1 spotlight for a change!
Here’s what is in store for our listeners:
- Red Bull or Dead Bull? Will the lack of track time hamper their 2014 challenge? We need a competitive Red Bull Racing and we tell you why!
- With Red Bull Racing struggling, is Lotus the lead team for Renault?
- Complications in car build and assembly could lead to teams losing track time in 2014.
- Mercedes seem clear favourites at the moment; we discuss the second favourites.
- Have the Pirelli tyres for 2014 been tested enough?
With only four days of testing left before the Formula1 circus sets shop in Melbourne, the pressure is on the team to maximize their testing program in Bahrain. And crucially, all eyes will be on Red Bull Racing!
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is now available on various platforms and I would urge you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1. And while our podcast frequency is weekly, come ‘like‘ the Inside Line F1 Podcast page on Facebook for far frequent updates on the humour in the world of Formula1.