How To Save The Indian GP
The 2013 Indian Grand Prix is finally here! And Rishi and I try to deliver one of our best prepared episodes of the Inside Line F1 Podcast. After Bernie Ecclestone check-mated the Indian Grand Prix, we think of ways and means to actually try and save the Formula1 circus from going away forever!
And of course, given Vettel and Red Bull Racingâ€™s domination, it is hard to punt on a non-Vettel win, unless of course his tank (RB9) suffers from a rare reliability issue. This means that the fight is for P2 and lower, for the Driversâ€™ and Constructorsâ€™ Championships. Who do you think will win this fight?
We increase the humour quotient of our Formula1 Podcast this week by talking about the few things Indian spectators would be surprised not to see at this weekâ€™s Indian Grand Prix. So hereâ€™s whatâ€™s in store for you to tune into and laugh along: (YouTube link:Â http://youtu.be/p7Bl_RkYOEI)
- We reveal the real reason why Bernie decided to take away the Grand Prix of India, away from India.
- India to witness history this weekend? But how many Indians will actually be there to witness it!
- The Buddh International Circuit, yet another Red Bull Racing circuit? And is the 2013 Formula1 Season, more like Red Bullâ€™s Formula1?
- Red Bull Racing to create a hat-trick of wins in India? We reveal a lesser known fact on their dominance. And it isnâ€™t about illegal traction control.
- The BIC hosts the Indian Grand Prix, often labeled as a tad too boring. Could regular Indian elements make the on-track action more interesting?
- And this weekâ€™s special: What do all stakeholders need to do to save the Indian Grand Prix? (And on a similar note, Let Us Save Formula1)
- Can Pirelli bring back the 2013-spec tyres for this race, please? (Read: Pirelli Should Not Renew Their F1 Contract For 2014)
- And we reveal the new Pirelli head-gear that will be worn on the podium of the Indian GP.
And some Indian Grand Prix / Indian Motorsport related posts for your reading:
- Does Cricket Feel As Formula1 Did?
- Bernie Ecclestone Checkmates The Indian Grand Prix
- An Indian Tyre Manufacturer To Replace Pirelli In 2014
- Can Mahendra Singh Dhoni Be The Brand Ambassador For Indian Motorsport?
- Mclarenâ€™s Five Wheel Pitstop In India
TheÂ Inside Line F1 PodcastÂ is now available on various platforms and I would urge you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1.