Yes, we are the Inside Line F1 Podcast, but Marc Marquez’s performance in 2014 has been such that it merits a mention and more in the latest episode of our Formula1 podcast. I get so consumed by Formula1 as a sport that I am unable to follow MotoGP as much as I’d like to, especially in a season when there’s one rider dominating the proceedings.
And that’s the point. I wonder how many Formula1 fans (the tertiary ones and otherwise) felt that way when Vettel dominated the second half of the 2013 Formula1 season. On the contrary, TV figures dropped! I wonder why this trend.
The other surprising trend is how teams have agreed and complied with each other to observe the ‘August shutdown’ period. If only they did the same for their commercials, rules and other key aspects, Formula1 could’ve possibly been a better sport over all. Yes, there’s much scope for improvement, especially on the marketing side!
But before we proceed with the latest episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast, we pay our condolences to Kevin Ward Jr. and his family. It is never good to lose a life on the race track, I mean this isn’t why we go racing!
- Marquez of 2014 = Vettel of 2013? Can we really make that comparison? (Read: Lord Vettel To Lord Vitthal)
- Is it surprising that his domination hasn’t yet seen fans screaming ‘boring’? (Read: Someone Please Fight Back)
- And of course, what can Formula1 learn from MotoGP? (Oh! I love this topic!) (Read: Formula1 Needs Better Marketing)
- Formula1 is technologically the most forward sport in Motorsport, but also the most backward when it comes to embracing new media (Read: Formula1 And TATA Communications)
- What’s the August shutdown?
- Bernie’s complex financial equation; but is it good for the sport? (Read: Will Formula1 Survive Without Bernie?)
- Alonso demands a quick car and $50 million per season from Ferrari. No chances to guessing which demand will be fulfilled (Read: Is Ferrari Alonso’s Only Option?)
- Kimi’s secretive plans to keep himself busy in the 2015 Formula1 season are now revealed
- Up next is the Spa Francorchamps; the 2014 Belgian Grand Prix!
- Predictions for Spa? Rosberg vs. Hamilton, who do you pick? (Read: Still Friends #NoProblem)
- – And here’s your chance to learn to drive a racing car at Silverstone, tune in to find out how!
I return to work and the Inside Line F1 Podcast a week post-Spa, so miss me while I am away! And till then, Keep Racing!
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is now available on various platforms and I would welcome you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1. And while our podcast frequency is weekly, come ‘like‘ the Inside Line F1 Podcast on Facebook and on Google+ for far frequent humorous updates from the world of Formula1.