In our final Formula1 podcast of the 2012 Formula1 season, Rishi Kapoor and I donned our tuxedos to come up with the ‘2012 Formula1 Podcast Awards’. The credit for the concept and award categories goes to our avid listener Latesh Wakodkar, thank you! And as always, while the categories and nominations may seem standard, the eventual winners of course aren’t. Now what’s Formula1 without a little bit of humour from Rishi and myself!
Here’s what is in store:
- A quick message to congratulate Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandhok for winning Race of Champions Asia Nations Cup! And crash-kid Romain Grosjean for winning the ‘Champion of Champions’ title! (Read more on Race of Champions)
- 2012 Formula1 Podcast Award Categories (and nominees)
- Fulcrum of the Year (Pirelli P-Zero, Newey, Alonso)
- Rumour of the Year (Alonso’s team-mate(s), return of Adrian Sutil)
- Technology of the Year (Coanda exhausts, D-DRS )
- Demise of the Year (HRT, Mercedes AMG)
- Pitstop of the Year (Mclaren’s 5 wheel pitstop, Mclaren’s World Record pitstop)
- Promotion of the Year (Monisha Kaltenborn, Sergio Perez, Charles Pic)
- ‘Keep Distance From Me’ of the Year (Pastor Maldonado, Narain Karthikeyan, Romain Grosjean) – (yes, we pick two winners for this award!)
- ‘How Did That Happen’ of the Year (Hamilton-Mercedes, Perez-Mclaren, Hulkenberg-Sauber, Schumacher’s Monaco Pole and more…)
- ‘WOW Factor’ of the Year (7 out of 7, Maldonado and Rosberg’s maiden victories, Marussia – Caterham fight and more…)
- Chaos of the Year (Abu Dhabi, Suzuka and Spa Turn 1, HRT)
- Overtaking Maneuvre of the Year (Massa-Senna in Singapore, Raikkonen-Hulkenberg in Austin, Alonso-Grosjean in Valencia and some 1456 other moves!)
- (our Oscars!) Race of the Year (Valencia, Austin, Brazil)
- Over to the 2013 Formula1 Season
A few more weeks before the official car launches and pre-season testing take precedence in our lives. A few Formula1 seats are still pending as we eagerly await announcements from Sahara Force India and Caterham! Till then, Rishi and I promise to keep you entertained. As for now, we have the 2012 Formula1 Podcast Awards! See you in the New Year…!
And few of the most read blog posts in 2012:
- Hamilton to Mercedes, Schumacher to Retire
- Does Formula1 Need Michael Schumacher?
- Narain Karthikeyan To Drive For WilliamsF1 In 2013
- Vettel the Champion, Raikkonen the Entertainer
- TATA Made The Wrong Decision With HRT
6 comments On The 2012 Formula1 Podcast Awards
absolutely fantastic podcast !!! I think most f1 fans in India will agree about chucking steve slater…..rishi and unibrow karun would be a nice idea !!
HI KUNAL, HI RISHI…
THANKS FOR CROWNING THE LIST AS “THE CREATIVE INTERVENTION”, AND
ANOTHER SINCERE THANKS FOR MAKING IT MORE CREATIVE, WITH YOUR
AWESOME, OUT OF THE BOX.
HRT V/S 107 , WISH EVEN THAT WAS TELECASTED.
TRUST ME, THE OUTCOME YOU BROUGHT OUT, WILL STOP PEOPLE FROM
PREDICTING AND BETTING !!!
MY EYEBROWS ARE PAINING..
THEY WERE IN “RAISED” POSITIONS, COMPLETELY FOR 11 MINS AND EVEN
FURTHER TILL I KEPT LISTENING REPEATEDLY.
I WAS IN A NET CAFE WHEN I LISTENED THE PODCAST FOR THE FIRST TIME,
AND YOU IMAGINE THE SCENARIO OF A PERSON SMILING AND LAUGHING WITH A
HEADPHONE OVERHEAD, AMIDST THE SILENCE.
GUYS , YOU’VE DIVED DEEPER THAN FIA, TO COME OUT WITH THIS STUFF.
SHINING LIKE A SCARLET,
MY SMILE , TILL NOW !!!!!!
I live racing i want to become a race car driver and have the potential but no opertunities i am just 13 years
Ritvik, thanks for your comment. I would suggest you start karting at your local kart track and then see how you fare. Basis your competence, participation in local and national championships would be a good idea. There are scholarship programs run by Sahara Force India, VW, Toyota, etc. that you could see if you are eligible for. Much of these details are shared in earlier blog posts on my blog itself. Good luck and God Speed!
I loved “Keep Distance From Me” award!!, i had a hearty laugh!! I loved Kimi’s I-know-I-know moment. But Romain Grosjean deserves the award! Man, what was he thinking & yes I’m a blind women, Haa haa!!
Good job Kunal & Rishi!