After a stunning drive in the 2013 Belgian Grand Prix, Rishi and I agreed (for a change), that just ‘hats off’ to Sebastian Vettel wouldn’t be enough! Just whatta a superb drive! In control. Absolute dominance.
In the pre-Spa episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast ‘Time To Hit The Spa‘, we had predicted a Red Bull Racing vs. Mercedes fight. And of course it was heartening to see Fernando Alonso in the mix as well. Raikkonen’s DNF (Did Not Finish) would dent his championship chances and his record run in the book of statistics as well!
The previous episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast ‘Let Us Save Formula1‘, we expressed our concerns on the simulated sounds of the new 1.6L V6 turbo engines that will be used next year. Also, there has been tremendous support for the Indian Grand Prix and here’s why I believe that the 2013 Indian Grand Prix could well be the last one for a few years to come: Ecclestone Checkmates The Indian Grand Prix.
And here’s what’s in store for our listeners this week: (YouTube: http://youtu.be/Hj5a4WJSS3M)
- Did you find the 2013 Belgian GP boring? We reveal a slight goof up from Bernie!
- However, we had the original crash kids offer us some action…
- In all this, Sebastian Vettel did what he does best. Race to win. And this time, he impressed too!
- Webber’s start issue, is it more driver than car? And did he actually let the ‘cat out of the bag’ in Spa?
- Paul Di Resta ‘maldonated’ his VJM06; Button propelled Mclaren to 5th in the Constructors’ Championship
- And our listener Binoy Parikh helps add to Formula1‘s humour. We read a very interesting tweet.
- 3 things Raikkonen needs from his team and it isn’t ‘Roti, Kapda aur Makaan’ (Food, Clothes and Shelter)
- Rumour: Felipe Massa may retain his Ferrari seat for the 2014 Formula1 Season
- And no contract yet for Jenson Button too. Will he be moving?
- Is our current World Champion being disrespected by fans?
Two weeks till yet another epic racing venue hosts the circus. And as always, we will bring to you the latest and most recent Formula1 updates in our wittiest ways. Keep listening, keep racing!
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is now available on various platforms and I would urge you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1.
If you are an Apple user, you can subscribe to the Inside Line F1 Podcast on the iTunes Podcast Store or via our RSS feed (for Android / Windows / Blackberry users).
The Inside Line Formula1 Podcast is produced by Rishi Kapoor and Kunal Shah. Follow us on Twitter and on our Soundcloud, MixCloud and YouTube channels.
2 comments On Helmets Off To Vettel
Yayyy…this is my debut on Kunal’s F1 Blog! Thank you!!
Jokes apart, let me put spanner in works regarding, “Massa may keep his seat for 2014.”
A German(?) mag. has published unconfirmed reports that Ferrari has told Sauber that they’ll give them 2014 engines at discounted rates if they can take Massa away.
Now how’s that for a fodder?
Vettel is the driver 🙂
This video is hilarious, features F1 champ Sebastian Vettel and Infiniti Red Bull Racing reserve driver Sébastien Buemi burning rubber around the hairpin bends of Hamburg circuit in two modified M37S Infiniti cars.