For all arm-chair Christian Horners out there and for those who have time and again mouthed expletives to Stefano Domenicali, now is your chance to prove your worth as a Team Owner in Formula1. Yes, after losing HRT at the end of the 2012 Formula1 Season, the FIA has now floated a tender inviting potential buyers for a 12th Formula1 team from the 2015/16 seasons.
If you could, should you actually bid? On this week’s episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast, Rishi and I try and answer exactly that; the trials and tribulations one will need to endure before you get to decide who will be your number 2 driver or before you decide which driver will pit when and for which tyre compound; yes, basically the hard work before the fun starts!
And like always, we ask a crucial question in this Formula1 Podcast: why would you buy a team in Formula1? Share your answers.
Here’s what else is in store for you:
- Privateers vs. Manufacturers; we talk about teams and their DNAs
- Baby Schumi to have a baby…! And we try to do predict how Vettel’s baby will behave.
- The FIA announces a ‘pole position’ trophy. Namesake or Vettel-sake in this context?
- Points for pole position and fastest lap of the race, why can’t we bring a system used widely in junior formulae? We tell you which.
- To beat that all, double points for the 2014 Abu Dumb-y Grand Prix? Ugh! (Read: Fed Up Of Rule Changes In Formula1)
- If the FIA did want to ‘spice’ things up, we discuss what they could’ve actually done or still can do.
- Grosjean’s working with a sports psychologist has raised a few eyebrows. I share my views on why mental training is as important as physical training. (Read: The Mind Map Of A Formula1 Driver)
- A round up of the driver movements from the last week; glad to hear about Adrian Sutil!
- And could Jenson Button host the episode of the Inside Line F1 Podcast from the first test of the 2014 Formula1 Season? We leave you guessing!
Hear our previous podcasts:
- Permanent No. 1 in Formula1: Vettel or Schumi?
- Revealed: Why WilliamsF1 Signed Felipe Massa
- Gracias V8, Hola V6 Turbo
- Nico Rosberg’s Debut On The Inside Line F1 Podcast
- When Cars Were Sabotaged At A Formula1 Grand Prix
The Inside Line F1 Podcast is now available on various platforms and I would urge you to choose your platform to listen to the humour that we add to the otherwise serious and complex sport of Formula1.